Aldercar Acorns is a parent and toddler playgroup, for children aged 0-3 years and their families. It is held in our school hall, and is run by Miss Evans who is a Level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant.
We meet every Wednesday during term time from 9am to 11am, and each playgroup session costs just £1.50 per family. Everyone is welcome - just come down and join in with our activities!
We all sit around the snack table at snack time and have a little chat. Sometimes we sit on our adults knees to eat our snack.
We like painting, colouring, chalking and playing with play dough. We also make cards for special occasions like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas.
We have lots of toys for all ages, including:
- Toys for babies aged 0 – 1 year
- Role-play: kitchen, dolls, dressing-up and tool bench
- Small world: farm, house, airport and Noah’s Ark
- Building: mega blocks, wooden bricks
- Cars and garage
- Book corner
- Physical activities: ball pit, ride on toys, spinning toys
Music Time and Story Time:
Each session will end with music time, where we sing songs, and then story time, where we all listen to a book together.