About our school
Welcome to Aldercar Infant and Nursery School. We look forward to working with you and your child as they take their first steps from home into the wider world. We believe that every child really matters and we will work with you to make sure your child does the very best they can, in everything they do.
At our last Ofsted inspection, Ofsted acknowledged that we have created “a caring ethos in which everyone is valued and included fully.” We aim for our children to develop a love of learning and that they have fun whilst learning.
We acknowledge that it is essential that school and home work together as partners. We believe that children only get one chance at education, and that together we can make it the best it can be. We assume by sending your child to our school that you will support us in all areas of their education socially, emotionally and academically.
Please see our Home School Agreement.
In January 2019 we became an academy, and joined the Embark Federation, along with six other schools In Derbyshire. The core purpose of Embark is 'to develop well rounded children with the skills to make a difference in our ever changing world.'
The Federation has four core beliefs; Family, Integrity, Teamwork and Success. These are crucial to all that we do and it is important to us that staff and pupils live out these in everything that we do.
For more information about Embark Federation please click here
At Aldercar the children are the stars!
Our School Aims
The aims of our school and curriculum are to:
- Help children develop lively, enquiring minds
- Develop friendships and to respect the views and needs of others
- Enable children to learn and achieve their very best through a diverse, fun and challenging curriculum
- Embrace ever changing technologies to prepare them for the future
- Develop a sense of care, respect and responsibility for their natural environment
- To encourage a life long love of learning
- Enable our children to become responsible and proactive members of our local, British and world community.