Governor Meeting News
At the end of every Governing Body meeting, we look back at the items we have covered during the meeting and ask ourselves the following question:
"What have we achieved tonight that will improve outcomes for our children?"
Through continued self-monitoring and review, we can ensure that the Governing Body operates purposefully, contributing to effective governance and the success of the school. Below are some of the key points from recent Governor meetings.
Meeting 25th November 2019:
- Approved new Governor appointments, securing new skills for the governing body.
- Reviewed and approved wi-fi expansion plans, ensuring continued and improved provision across school.
- Reviewed Safeguarding audit and specific roles and responsibilities, promoting accountability and compliance.
Meeting 23rd September 2019:
- Allocated Governor monitoring roles based on individual skills, promoting best outcomes and fulfilment of governing body role.
- Agreed headteacher appraisal procedures and future leadership plans, ensuring accountability and future school direction.
- Approved expenditure plans for equipment and resources.
Meeting 1st July 2019:
- Reviewed and approved staffing structure for next academic year, securing skilled staff and aiding best possible outcomes for children.
- Reviewed progress against SIP, identifying successes and further improvement areas.
- Scrutinised pupil attainment data, reviewing outcomes and identifying strengths and improvement areas.
Meeting 8th April 2019:
- Reviewed nursery structure and funding, allowing for provision continuity and evaluating effectiveness.
- Delivered monitoring and evaluation feedback following visits into school,
- Reviewed effectiveness of Pupil Premium and Sports Premium funding expenditure, noting positive outcomes in learning.
Meeting 21st January 2019:
- Evaluated Governing Body effectiveness and skills, demonstrating strong structure and leadership.
- Appointed Safeguarding Governor, ensuring continuity of monitoring and compliance.
- Reviewed School Improvement Plan progression, identifying achievements and continuing plans, maintaining positive outcomes for the children.
Meeting 26th November 2018:
- Appointed new Parent Governor, bringing new skills and strengthening the Governing Body membership.
- Reviewed pupil attainment data and parental feedback, identifying successes, strengths and areas for improvement.
- Agreed ongoing staff structure, securing staff skills and continuing support for children.
Meeting 17th September 2018:
- Elected new Chair and Vice-Chair of Governors, securing strong, experienced leadership for the Governing Body.
- Confirmed Governing Body structure and Link Governor roles, establishing a clear direction and operating structure.
- Reviewed and agreed the School Improvement Plan for the year, establishing key priorities and allocating Governors to oversee each area.
Full details of the work of the Governing Body is captured in approved minutes, available to view on request.