The deaf children get together once a week for Deaf Club. Our Deaf Tutor plans and delivers an exciting Deaf Studies Curriculum. The deaf children always look forward to Deaf Club!
During Deaf Club the children......
- Learn about deafness
- Learn to use self help strategies to interact in the hearing world
- Develop their British Sign Language
- Share special news
- Have fun!
- Meet older and younger deaf children and deaf adults
- Learn how to communicate with each other and their hearing friends
- Celebrate birthdays
- Learn how to use specialist equipment
We also run a Hear to Hear Club for hearing impaired mainstream children so that they can learn about deafness, equipment and strategies for communicating with others.