Governor Meeting News
At the end of every Governing Body meeting, we look back at the items we have covered during the meeting and ask ourselves the following question:
"What have we achieved tonight that will improve outcomes for our children?"
Through continued self-monitoring and review, we can ensure that the Governing Body operates purposefully, contributing to effective governance and the success of the school. Below are the key points from recent Governor meetings.
Meeting 22nd January 2018:
- Reviewed how the School Improvement Plan priorities were progressing, identifying improvements being made, and strategies in place to improve pupil outcomes.
- Put self-monitoring plans in place to ensure that we continued to fulfil our role effectively.
- Planned Governor training opportunities, enabling Governors to expand their skills and carry out their role efficiently.
- Reviewed pupil attainment data, noting steady progress made since entry into school and evidencing benefits of new maths and spelling strategies.
Meeting 27th November 2017:
- Welcomed a new Governor to the board, strengthening our current membership and bringing new skills to the team.
- Reviewed and agreed school policies, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
- Discussed and agreed a staffing structure for the new year, ensuring continuity of strong teaching and leadership.
- Reviewed the school budget, overseeing the financial performance of the school and ensuring accountability.
Meeting 25th September 2017:
- Reviewed and agreed the Governing Body operational structure for the next year, creating clear focus and aims.
- Reviewed and agreed the School Improvement Plan for the year, establishing key priorities and allocating Governors to oversee each area.
- Agreed Headteacher recruitment plans, securing a continued leadership structure for the school.
- Confirmed Safeguarding arrangements throughout the school, protecting the welfare of the children and staff.
Full details of the work of the Governing Body is captured in approved minutes, available to view on request.